||[Sep. 27th, 2006|12:20 am]
Prompts for Creative Writers
Greetings all, I am jinx_victim, your friendly comm manager. Please bear with me, as I'm new to the whole community-running thing.
Basic details of the community are under User Info but I thought I'd better jot down a few rules about posting before I forget.
1) All submissions should be original short stories, prose, poetry etc. No fanfiction is allowed.
2) Please place all entries under an lj-cut, or link to your relevant journal entry. (a "fake cut")
3) When you post, please include:
Rating (G, PG, Total Smut, etc)
Desired level of critique (ie, say whether you want only general comments on your work, no comments at all, deep in-depth sort of stuff, harsh critique, etc.)
4) No outright flaming. If you don't like someone's story, that's fine, and if they want harsh critique you can tell them why you think it's badly done, but don't just say someone sucks. Negative critique should have some basis to it.
5) Please, please check your spelling and punctuation. I can't be having with netspeak in a community that's writing-based. If you're concerned that your stuff isn't up to scratch grammar-wise, get someone to beta your work.
Okay! Now that's done I can get back to my assignment. (groan. Kill me now.)